LinkedIn Advertising Strategies
LinkedIn is a professional social network. More than 600 million and more professionals are present there worldwide. Do you want to reach them? How do you reach them?
There are 6 ways to reach them:
- By using a LinkedIn Sponsored Inmail
- Using LinkedIn Advertising, a paid service with a few options to choose from.
- You could also create a Rich LinkedIn contact Network and invite them to join.
- By creating content and post it on LinkedIn groups.
- By creating rich posts and share them with appropriate links and hashtags.
- Advertise with Video on Linkedin
Learn how to advertise on LinkedIn.
- If your content includes a statistic, it can have up to 162% more impressions and a much higher CTR. LinkedIn and businessmen love statistics, we pay attention to statistics.
- Short posts (less than 150 characters) get a much higher engagement rate because we don’t like to read too much, we want solutions.
- Plan, try, improve, and repeat. Try different texts, titles, calls to action … Collect what you see as the best working and put it together. Create your own recipe putting everything that has been working on 1 masterpiece.
- Image matters, and more than you think. Get powerful images, graphics, videos … that attract the attention of your audience. Using the perfect image, then a short description with the solution, and then the link or call to action.
1.LinkedIn Sponsored Inmail
This is a LinkedIn secret weapon and is part of its great success. Is a tool that can be so useful and helpful, but if you don’t know what you are doing can be a weapon of destruction for your business. Because if it is done wrong, it can hurt your brand image. Here is a list with tips on how to properly advertise on LinkedIn Inmails:
- Customize everything you send. Make it personal. Relax, it is not that you have to be writing to all the users one by one. LinkedIn allows you to use automatic tools to put the name of who is going to receive the email. According to LinkedIn, your conversions can increase up to 16%.
- Test and test, again, constantly test. To optimize a campaign well you have to test it, then study the results, fix the mistakes, and make it better. Here the importance is in the subject of the email, your target audience, the content, the call to action link, or phone number, and your direct contact info. Even the tone in which you send it is important.
- Use Sponsored content. By using sponsored content in conjunction with an Inmails campaign, CTRs can increase up to 95% more than if done alone. Not bad, huh?
- Try to keep your emails directly to the point, provide a solution, and make them conversational. That is, make short emails, less than 1,000 characters, and try to make the tone more conversational than sales.
2.Using LinkedIn Advertising
LinkedIn has several options to explore in terms of advertising, you can create campaigns you can test, and based on the results you can see what is working and what is not. Then when you find the source that is providing you more leads then you can enhance that piece of advertising that brought you those numbers and grow from there. It is important to keep an eye on the following:
- The source of your leads
- The time when you obtained those leads
- The geographical area, state, city, and town.
- The age, sex, and gender.
3.Rich LinkedIn contact Network
You can create your own group and send invites to hand-picked contacts, then share information with them. When you do this make sure you learn a little bit more about your potential contacts, this will allow you what kind of content to share with them, this will help you engage with them. Don’t try to sell them anything, don’t try to push products to them, build trust first and interact with them, and as you grow your interaction test the water to ask for “a little bit of help spreading your business message”.
If you create your group you will be able to manage it, create great connections, amazing interactions, and possibly great important sales, but do it in a way all members can learn something and grow together. Don’t expect to receive all the time, you have to invest time and effort.
4.Creating content and post it on LinkedIn groups
Be ready to create content, but not just anything, create something that will help your contacts. If you do this you will gain trust and some of your members will be waiting for the next piece of advice.
5.Creating Rich Posts and share them
Creating Rich Posts is not easy, because you have to hand tailor content for specific needs and a great way to do this is like this:
- Study your group members without letting them know
- Find their needs and problems
- Create content providing solutions to those needs and problems
- Now post and share them with your group
- You will notice your contacts and group members will be reacting and reaching out to thank you, that’s when you try to get the business.
6.Advertise with Video on Linkedin
Sometimes people are so busy they cannot read everything you post. Try to make videos for those who prefer face-to-face and use the audio from your video to make a podcast for those who prefer to listen to something productive while on the move.
When you advertise make sure you are available everywhere, on all media channels, on paper, on a post, on a video, on Twitter, on Facebook, on Youtube, on Linkedin (but on all parts of LinkedIn. The difference between LinkedIn and all other social media websites and apps is that Money, decision-makers, and big-company CEOs are on Linkedin for business only.
Some tricks for your LinkedIn Advertising campaigns
Advertising on LinkedIn can allow you to increase your brand awareness and get new qualified contacts (leads) for your business. As we said before, the great advantage of LinkedIn is that it is a professional network, made up of professionals. If your target audience is professional, then it is here for sure.
Pay attention to these last tips to achieve higher conversion rates in your campaigns:
- Go directly to your audience. This will help you with personalization, speak correctly to your audience, call them by name, and talk about what you know they like.
- Detect what is working best. Create two or three different variations per campaign, test them, then study the results to remove what you see that is not working.
- Determine your target. That is, the people you want to reach with your ads. LinkedIn allows you great targeting possibilities, so choose well from the beginning. Because if you send your campaign to the wrong audience you will lose effort, time, and money.